Director of Procurement
Director of Procurement – Niles, IL
The Director of Procurement will be a member of the Imbibe’s Operations team holding the key responsibility of providing leadership, vision and strategy for growth. This individual will be working with suppliers, co-manufacturers, and internal stakeholders for ensuring steady availability of raw materials to avoid disruptions to the R&D projects and full-scale production of the finished products. The Director of Procurement will be responsible for the procurement related KPIs and will play a key role in driving vital process improvements needed for efficiently managing product flow, optimizing working capital and improving communication with co-manufacturers and suppliers. The Director of Procurement will be instrumental in driving fact-based decision making by providing reports and analysis needed for building procurement strategy and managing day-to-day operations. This individual will also play a critical role in addressing supply issues that may affect Imbibe’s ability to promptly serve its customers.
- Directly responsible for managing Imbibe’s procurement operations for non-flavor categories.
- Handle the day-to-day procurement responsibilities, including sourcing and contract management, while simultaneously defining and refining the procurement processes and policies.
- Partner with the Head of Turnkey Operations to ensure steady availability of raw materials and finished inventory to support Turnkey projects.
- Build and maintain relationships with raw material suppliers, develop supplier agreements and lead price negotiations.
- Manage staff supporting R&D Lab’s raw material needs.
- Utilize industry resources, network, and creative problem solving to identify new and alternative ingredient options and suppliers. Share market knowledge and provide ingredient specific guidance to support development work.
- Collaborate with manufacturing partners to ensure availability of raw materials needed to support Imbibe’s business.
- Develop and streamline internal and external processes to improve visibility, remove redundancy, and reduce waste.
- Establish Key Performance Indicators to track health and performance of procurement activities. Periodically report progress to Senior leadership on various initiatives.
- Manage projects involving new functional blend development and commercialization.
- Develop a robust reporting and analysis platform for managing Imbibe’s overall spend and build strategies for optimizing it.
- Responsible for inventory accuracy and reconciliation pertaining to the stock managed by the procurement team.
- Manage, train, and motivate the procurement team to deliver high performance.
Qualification and Requirements:
- At least 10 years of experience in various procurement roles in the Food & Beverage Industry
- 5 years of minimum experience in managing people.
- Well versed with the technical aspects of the existing and the upcoming ingredients in the flavor space.
- Proven record of developing long-term supplier relationships.
- Abreast with the market trends and the products in the F&B industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or Procurement.
- Strong Analytical Skills. Must be comfortable using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- MBA preferred
- APICS certification a plus
- Experience with ERP systems is highly valuable
Imbibe is the leading innovator in the beverage industry – we set the standard! Our clients benefit from our holistic approach to product development where we engineer every beverage from the bottom up. We design custom components, such as ingredient blends, flavors and finished beverages for every project. Imbibe combines a powerful synergy of innovation, technical expertise and dedication to ensure our clients never settle for anything but the best. To learn more about us, check out our website at www.imbibeinc.com.
Want to be a part of a growing team?
Good idea. Here are some of the top reasons to work with Imbibe:
Full Time Healthcare
You are eligible for healthcare packages after 30 days of employment. All healthcare plans are Affordable Care Act compliant, and we have several plans to meet a variety of needs!
Simply put, we are beverage experts. Our industry focus gives us a greater degree of insight into the beverage and flavor world!
We have a 40,000 sq. ft. facility that houses state of the art equipment, labs and a pilot plant.
At Imbibe, in addition to your job, you’ll have opportunities to step away and challenge a coworker to a game of ping pong, or visit at the custom beverage bar. People should like where they work.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Imbibe is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. This transmission is intended only for the designated recipient(s), and any duplication or distribution, in any form or part, without the written consent of the sender is strictly prohibited. These confidentiality protections apply even if you received this transmission in error, in which case you should delete the message, disregard its contents and notify the sender of the mistake.