Product Development Technician
Imbibe is seeking a Product Development Technician with a minimum of 1-3 years of experience developing and launching food and/or beverage products to join our Product Development Team. This position will work with product development and commercialization efforts through bench-top exploration, development and experimentation. The ideal candidate will be a positive, energetic team player and hands-on person with a passion for working on the bench to develop innovative products.
- Collaborate with Flavor Chemists and other R&D teammates to design best in class product formulations that exceed the expectations of our customers
- Support development of formulations and manufacturing instructions that result in products that meet the specific organoleptic, stability, nutritional and regulatory demands of our customers
- Leverage experience and knowledge of manufacturing processes and scale-up theory to support commercialization efforts on new product launches
- Stay abreast of industry trends and new ingredients & technologies and leverage that knowledge to support development of ingredient systems enabling improved innovation offerings
- Use working knowledge of ingredient functionality and product development best practices to create great tasting, safe and stable products
- Manage sensory and stability testing for assigned products. Schedule evaluations, set-up product samples, record analytical data and summarize results/trends
Qualification and Requirements:
- Minimum of 1-3 years of food and/or beverage industry experience
- Experience in the development of powder or bar products beyond simple prototype development. Must understand the impact of plant processing on products and be able to design formulations accordingly
- A strong teammate willing to work together on the bench with our Flavor Chemists to design optimal beverage and flavor formulations
- Self-motivated with the ability to lead projects and programs with some guidance from leadership.
- Knowledge of ingredients, functionality and application
- Strong communication skills. Must have the ability to confidently communicate complex technical information to colleagues
- Ability to successfully handle high project load in a fast-paced environment and adapt to new and changing priorities
Imbibe is the leading innovator in the beverage industry – we set the standard! Our clients benefit from our holistic approach to product development where we engineer every beverage from the bottom up. We design custom components, such as ingredient blends, flavors and finished beverages for every project. Imbibe combines a powerful synergy of innovation, technical expertise and dedication to ensure our clients never settle for anything but the best. To learn more about us, check out our website at www.imbibeinc.com.
Want to be a part of a growing team? Good idea. Here are some of the top reasons to work with Imbibe:
Full Time Healthcare
You are eligible for healthcare packages after 30 days of employment. All healthcare plans are Affordable Care Act compliant, and we have several plans to meet a variety of needs!
Simply put, we are beverage experts. Our industry focus gives us a greater degree of insight into the beverage and flavor world!
We have a 40,000 sq. ft. facility that houses state of the art equipment, labs and a pilot plant.
At Imbibe, in addition to your job, you’ll have opportunities to step away and challenge a coworker to a game of ping pong or visit at the custom beverage bar. People should like where they work, and we strive to provide an environment that fosters creativity and friendship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Imbibe is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. This transmission is intended only for the designated recipient(s), and any duplication or distribution, in any form or part, without the written consent of the sender is strictly prohibited. These confidentiality protections apply even if you received this transmission in error, in which case you should delete the message, disregard its contents and notify the sender of the mistake.