Quality Control Lead
Quality Control Lead– Niles, IL
Summary of Job Details:
Imbibe is seeking a Quality Control Lead to become the newest member of its Quality Team. This role will be responsible for working with Quality, Regulatory, and R&D teams to ensure accuracy of all analytical results, to drive root cause analysis in tandem with manufacturing facilities. This position plays a vital role in the overall safety of the laboratory and is responsible for managing the daily operations of the lab. This role takes responsibility for all aspects of the lab, including but not limited to: instruments/equipment, users of the lab, and supplies needed to ensure the lab runs smoothly. The ideal candidate is a detail oriented and highly organized individual who is comfortable working in a fast paced, high energy environment with changing priorities.
Reports to: Director of Quality Assurance
- Receive and maintain inventory of flavor production and finished good retention samples; organize and ship retention samples for customers as needed.
- Drive root cause analysis and corrective actions in collaboration with production facilities to resolve consumer concerns or other production issues.
- Maintain analytical equipment performance by developing operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures; ensuring staff compliance; arranging equipment service and repair.
- Maintain laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Assist in maintenance of quality information system by identifying information needs and problems; recommending improvements; establishing priorities; testing; writing SOPs and ensuring availability at each workstation; training employees.
- Ensure users have been trained on the correct use of equipment; schedule and lead training for new users and retraining for lab users who are in need of refresher training; track noncompliance with policies/procedures.
- Conduct or assist in conducting audits of contract facilities including raw material and finished goods production sites; attend production trials as appropriate as quality representative.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Coordinate with Product Developers in setting of Finished Product Specifications when necessary; review specification data to ensure accuracy.
- Conduct and record analytical tests such as pH, TA, Brix, SG, and particle size.
- Prepare and analyze samples as needed, including production and shelf life extension approvals.
- Manage and mentor small team; maintain staff by orienting, training, and developing personal growth opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualification and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry, biology, food science, nutrition or other related field.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills is highly important.
- Ability to manage processes and data.
- Experience in presenting and training to technical knowledge.
- Equipment maintenance capability.
- Knowledge of internal and 2nd/3rd party auditing.
- Ability to travel for audits and/or trials as necessary.
- 4+ years’ experience
- Experience in the food and beverage or flavor industry
- Experience with Quality Management Systems
- HACCP and PCQI certification.
Imbibe is the leading innovator in the beverage industry – we set the standard! Our clients benefit from our holistic approach to product development where we engineer every beverage from the bottom up. We design custom components, such as ingredient blends, flavors and finished beverages for every project. Imbibe combines a powerful synergy of innovation, technical expertise and dedication to ensure our clients never settle for anything but the best. To learn more about us, check out our website at www.imbibeinc.com.
Want to be a part of a growing team?
Good idea. Here are some of the top reasons to work with Imbibe:
Full Time Healthcare
You are eligible for healthcare packages after 30 days of employment. All healthcare plans are Affordable Care Act compliant, and we have several plans to meet a variety of needs!
Simply put, we are beverage experts. Our industry focus gives us a greater degree of insight into the beverage and flavor world!
We have a 40,000 sq. ft. facility that houses state of the art equipment, labs and a pilot plant.
At Imbibe, in addition to your job, you’ll have opportunities to step away and challenge a coworker to a game of ping pong, or visit at the custom beverage bar. People should like where they work, and we strive to provide an environment that fosters playfulness, creativity and friendship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Imbibe is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. This transmission is intended only for the designated recipient(s), and any duplication or distribution, in any form or part, without the written consent of the sender is strictly prohibited. These confidentiality protections apply even if you received this transmission in error, in which case you should delete the message, disregard its contents and notify the sender of the mistake.