Helping Brand Owners Go Organic

 In Press, Press Releases

USDA OrganicNiles, IL – Organic certification is becoming a new standard within the natural products industry. To help brand owners stay on trend, Imbibe is now offering organic certified flavors and strategic ingredient systems as part of its comprehensive beverage development portfolio. Organic food and beverage sales surpassed $45 billion in 2015, which represents a 72% increase in less than a decade. As this category continues to grow, it is equally important to provide the relevant certifications, in addition to developing great tasting products.

Many consumers don’t have a clear understanding of the difference between natural and organic and the “natural” claim on packaging poses a legal risk in today’s regulatory environment. Therefore, organic certification is crucial in the positioning of your brand in the better-for-you category.

In order for a finished product to obtain the USDA organic seal, the product must contain at least 95% organic certified ingredients by weight and the remaining 5% of the ingredients must be organic compliant or fall within the allowable synthetic ingredients listed by the National Organic Program. Certain ingredients are especially difficult to obtain from organic sources, so Imbibe’s wide range of organic certified ingredients allows for more flexibility during product development and the sourcing of the other 5% of the product content. Not only does Imbibe provide a wide scope of organic ingredients but also by working with Imbibe, brand owners can fully customize their organic ingredients, which is critical for product differentiation.

In addition to organic beverages, Imbibe develops products with allergen free, vegan, Halal, kosher, and Non-GMO Project Verified certifications.