We are a leading product development & ingredient supply partner supporting customers that range from entrepreneurs to top CPG and foodservice brands.
We are looking for a technically savvy and ambitious sales leader to develop and grow our existing customer and ingredient portfolio. The objective of this position is to drive sustainable financial growth and maintain customer excellence while leading the sales team. We are looking for an individual with a successful track record building sales and teams within a longer sales and project cycle.
This position will be involved in the development and execution of sales strategy for their team and organization. As such, this person needs to deeply understand the marketplace and sources of value. Provide coaching and support to a sales team of different experience levels with accounts of all different types. This individual will need to develop and track leading and lagging indicators of success. They will need to be able to develop, read and understand reports including financial, CRM, and time management reports. They will also need to be keenly aware of pivots necessary for successful execution and be able to bring internal stakeholders along to implement changes and drive changes through the team. This position will partner with function and company leaders to develop the overall business.
Successful execution, good judgement in customer interactions, discernment of what business is healthy for Imbibe, and follow through on objectives is what success looks like in this position. This position will advance by building a large, profitable business through teams with new and existing relationships, developing and driving successful execution of sales strategy and initiatives, all while fostering a strong, positive, and sales-led Imbibe culture. This position will grow to influence the overall strategy of the organization and build a team to support it.
- Define and execute sales team objectives to support a clear picture of success for team.
- Create vision with company leaders and allow team to support initiative and output.
- Coach and develop a team of 5-6 individuals into high-performing sales professionals.
- Build effective and meaningful relationships across the business and industry that create a culture of collaboration, innovation, and results for Imbibe and our customers.
- Travel with and support sales and other team members in delivering and building Imbibe business.
- Partner with company leadership to ensure alignment and context for activities is shared across the business.
- Hiring, engaging, training and retaining team members
- Define and target accounts and build quarterly plans and KPIs for the team
- Drive business to close by understanding key customer needs, purchasing decision criteria, and successful Imbibe delivery.
- Establish and manage annual sales forecasts and budgets by identifying corporate goals and holding oneself and others accountable to the success of those goals
- Manage a strong, qualified pipeline built by the sales team
- Develop and implement sales execution plans, while understanding and analyzing the competitive landscape and providing strategic initiatives to support organizational growth targets
- Analyze, evaluate, and compare market conditions and recommend strategies that will enhance company’s sales and effectively use company resources.
- Support wider organizational initiatives and represent the business development team.
- Create strong sales programs that drive engagement and results for the team.
Qualification and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10+ years’ sales, business development or related experience, preferably in ingredient sales in food & beverages
- Experience with value-based selling and team leadership
- Strong business acumen, prioritization, and decision-making capabilities
- Strong understanding of key business functions – operations, procurement, R&D, sensory etc. and ability to use integrative problem solving to get best solution for Imbibe and our clients.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and partner internally and externally across all levels of an organization
- Strong organizational and communication skills, attention to detail and an interest in learning
- Strong knowledge of MS Office suite
- Ability to utilize CRM and project management systems (SalesForce & Wrike)
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal forms