Business Development Associate
We are a leading product development & ingredient supply partner supporting customers that range from entrepreneurs to top CPG and foodservice brands.
We are looking for a technically savvy and ambitious Business Development Associate to develop and grow our existing customer and ingredient portfolio. The objective of this position is to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with new and existing clients. This industry has a long sale and project cycle which means success in this position requires persistence and dedication to achieve objectives. After coming onboard, this position will be oriented to our product and service sales strategy and will be tasked with applying it to their accounts and territory. Successful execution, good judgement in customer interactions, discernment of what business is healthy for Imbibe, and follow through on objectives is what good looks like in this position.
This position will advance by demonstrating the ability to bring in good business with both new and existing relationships, execute on the sales strategy and initiatives they are trained on, develop and follow through on their own sales strategy with their accounts and territories, all while fostering the positive and collaborative Imbibe culture.
Tasked with owning customer relationships and identifying the right opportunities, this position is business critical to Imbibe’s long-term growth. A typical customer relationship team includes this position, a project manager, technical Imbibers, regulatory individuals, and other subject matter experts depending on the customer needs. We are looking for someone who excels at finding opportunities, thinks outside of the box, is great at networking and able to introduce themselves and the company to key decision makers. This person is skilled at understanding and articulating our unique value proposition in the marketplace to close deals.
- Define and target accounts and build quarterly plans and KPIs
- Understand target accounts and where the fit is for creating value
- Develop relationships both internal and external to further solidify Imbibe has chosen partner and resource
- Leverage Imbibe team and our unique value proposition as it best applies to the customer to uncover opportunities proactively and reactively
- Build a strong, qualified pipeline
- Shape and develop ongoing customer requests to be best supported by the Imbibe internal engine to ensure mutual success of customer and Imbibe
- Drive business to close by understanding key customer needs, purchasing decision criteria, and successful Imbibe delivery.
- Take confident and creative action to close business through strong proposals, effective negotiating, and appropriate access to the right people regardless of gatekeepers.
- Support wider organizational initiatives and represent the business development team
Qualification and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years’ sales, business development or related experience, preferably in ingredient sales in food & beverages
- Experience with value-based selling
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and partner internally and externally across all levels of an organization
- Strong organizational and communication skills, attention to detail and an interest in learning
- Team player
- Strong knowledge of MS Office suite
- Ability to utilize CRM and project management systems (SalesForce & Wrike)
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal forms
Imbibe is the leading innovator in the beverage industry – we set the standard! Our clients benefit from our holistic approach to product development where we engineer every beverage from the bottom up. We design custom components, such as ingredient blends, flavors and finished beverages for every project. Imbibe combines a powerful synergy of innovation, technical expertise and dedication to ensure our clients never settle for anything but the best. To learn more about us, check out our website at www.imbibeinc.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Imbibe is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. This transmission is intended only for the designated recipient(s), and any duplication or distribution, in any form or part, without the written consent of the sender is strictly prohibited. These confidentiality protections apply even if you received this transmission in error, in which case you should delete the message, disregard its contents and notify the sender of the mistake.