Pilot Plant Technician
Pilot Plant Technician – Niles, IL
Imbibe is a leading innovator in the beverage industry. Our clients benefit from our holistic approach to product development where we engineer every beverage from the bottom up. We design custom components, such as ingredienat blends, flavors and finished beverages for every project. Imbibe combines a powerful synergy of innovation, technical expertise and dedication to ensure our clients never settle for anything but the best. To learn more about us, check out our website at www.imbibeinc.com.
The Position: This is a unique role for anyone in a food/beverage Manufacturing environment!
Imbibe is seeking a Pilot Plant Technician to join the R&D team. The primary responsibility of this position is to support the R&D team in the development and commercialization of new, innovative beverages by subjecting products to manufacturing conditions by running them in our pilot plant. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on person with a passion for learning about and operating a variety of pieces of processing equipment involving different manufacturing technologies. The Pilot Plant Technician will work with our Product Developers and Flavor Chemists to batch up new formulations and then run them on the required piece of processing equipment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Become an expert in multiple new pieces of processing technology. In depth training will be provided on-the-job
- Maintain proper stock of prepared packaging materials
- Troubleshoot and Repair damaged components in a timely manner
- Run beverage formulations through a variety of pieces of beverage processing equipment
- Ensure beverage products are properly packaged and labeled
- Follow all Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines during the production of beverage products. This includes properly cleaning and organizing all work areas and wearing all proper food safety and personal protective equipment
Qualifications and Skills
Qualification and Requirements:
- A team player willing to do what it takes to support the development and launch of new products on tight timelines in a fast paced and complicated environment
- Minimum education = high school graduate
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of the lab
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software products including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Experience working with equipment a plus
- Experience working in the food or beverage industry a plus
- Mechanical Background and familiarity with different parts to unit operations: Valves, Pumps, Seals, Thermocouples, etc.
Imbibe is the leading innovator in the beverage industry – we set the standard! Our clients benefit from our holistic approach to product development where we engineer every beverage from the bottom up. We design custom components, such as ingredient blends, flavors and finished beverages for every project. Imbibe combines a powerful synergy of innovation, technical expertise and dedication to ensure our clients never settle for anything but the best. To learn more about us, check out our website at www.imbibeinc.com.
Want to be a part of a growing team? Good idea. Here are some of the top reasons to work with Imbibe:
Industry Expertise – Simply put, we are beverage experts. Our industry focus gives us a greater degree of insight into the beverage and flavor world!
Innovation – We have a 40,000 sq. ft. facility that houses state of the art equipment, labs and a pilot plant.
Playful Culture - At Imbibe, in addition to your job, you’ll have opportunities to step away and challenge a coworker to a game of ping pong, or visit at the custom beverage bar. People should like where they work, and we strive to provide an environment that fosters playfulness, creativity and friendship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Imbibe is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. This transmission is intended only for the designated recipient(s), and any duplication or distribution, in any form or part, without the written consent of the sender is strictly prohibited. These confidentiality protections apply even if you received this transmission in error, in which case you should delete the message, disregard its contents and notify the sender of the mistake.