Flavor Applications Technician
Flavor Applications Technician – Niles, IL
Imbibe is a leading beverage product development & ingredient supply partner supporting customers that range from entrepreneurs to top CPG and foodservice brands.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and curious to learn Flavor Applications Lab Tech to help us expand our Flavor Innovation team. This position will support the team’s efforts to accomplish several lab tasks that are associated with new flavor development. You will be a team player who will collaborate with and effectively complete assignments given to you by the flavorists on the team.
- Prepare flavor applications samples to be shipped to customer
- Assist flavor team in screening flavors for project work as needed
- Support flavor applications team and flavorists on customer projects
- Flavor customer bases with existing Imbibe flavors and set up samples for evaluation
- Work with flavorists to develop innovative flavor concepts using existing flavor library
- Assist with any proactive flavor innovation and flavor optimization projects under the guidance of flavorists
- Develop basic applications formulations
- Maintain a database of current flavor library and descriptors
- Assist with basic flavor compounding and dry blending as needed
- Assist flavor team in sourcing new raw materials from vendors as needed
Qualification and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Chemistry, or related field
- 0-2 years of experience working in the food industry preferred
- Ability to taste and describe organoleptic properties of a beverage / food product
- Strong organizational, documentation, oral and written communication skills, as well as attention to detail and an interest in learning
- Detail oriented and committed to engaging the internal team to provide the best service, experience and outcome to our clients and visibility for our business planning
- Knowledge of MS Office suite preferred
- Familiarity with basic lab equipment like titrator, densitometer, Brix meter preferred
- Ability to learn formulation and project management systems (Formulator, Wrike)
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced corporate, start-up environment
- Excellent communication skills and follow up ability, and a self-starting attitude
- Understanding of how to set up and execute an experiment
- Understanding of GLP, GMPs
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. and be on your feet up to 5 hours a day
Imbibe is the leading innovator in the beverage industry – we set the standard! Our clients benefit from our holistic approach to product development where we engineer every beverage from the bottom up. We design custom components, such as ingredient blends, flavors and finished beverages for every project. Imbibe combines a powerful synergy of innovation, technical expertise and dedication to ensure our clients never settle for anything but the best. To learn more about us, check out our website at www.imbibeinc.com.
Simply put, we are beverage experts. Our industry focus gives us a greater degree of insight into the beverage and flavor world!
We have a 40,000 sq. ft. facility that houses state of the art equipment, labs and a pilot plant.
At Imbibe, in addition to your job, you’ll have opportunities to step away and challenge a coworker to a game of ping pong or visit at the custom beverage bar. People should like where they work, and we strive to provide an environment that fosters creativity and friendship.
You are eligible for healthcare packages after 30 days of employment. All healthcare plans are Affordable Care Act compliant, and we have several plans to meet a variety of needs!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Imbibe is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. This transmission is intended only for the designated recipient(s), and any duplication or distribution, in any form or part, without the written consent of the sender is strictly prohibited. These confidentiality protections apply even if you received this transmission in error, in which case you should delete the message, disregard its contents and notify the sender of the mistake.