Senior Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Senior Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Imbibe is seeking a Senior Regulatory Specialist to become the newest member of its growing
Regulatory Team. The Senior Regulatory Specialist will provide support to internal and external
customers in order to ensure that all domestic and global regulatory requirements and compliance
needs are fulfilled according to legal and corporate guidelines. The ideal candidate is a detail
oriented and highly organized individual who is comfortable working in a fast paced, high energy
environment with changing priorities.
· Gather and analyze the necessary data to ensure compliance with domestic (FEMA GRAS, FDA) and
international (Health Canada, JECFA, GCC, Mercosur) regulatory requirements for flavors and finished
· Review Nutrition Facts Panels, Supplement Facts Panels, Product Data Sheets, production labels and
ingredient declaration for flavors and finished goods.
· Review and analyze data provided by suppliers of new and existing raw materials; ensure that data
entered in internal formulation software is accurate.
· Stay up-to-date on regulatory changes and understand the implications to the business related to
· Ability to interpret rules set by governments and certifying organizations including, but not limited
to GMO, Bioengineering, Kosher, Allergens, Halal, Prop 65, Organic.
· Identify regulatory challenges relevant to commercial opportunities and serve as a subject matter
expert by collaborating cross-functionally to solve them.
· Provide regulatory support to the internal R&D team and external customers.
· Assist in the development of marketing claims for new product concepts.
· Assist with regulatory audits.
· Develop and maintain company SOPs.
Qualification and Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology, food science, nutrition, or other related fields
· Minimum 5 years of relevant industry experience in product safety and regulatory affairs in the food
· Excellent understanding of 21CFR101.22 and 7CFR205
· Working knowledge of US, Canadian and EU flavor regulations is strongly preferred
· Ability to make educated judgements on authenticity, accuracy, and appropriateness of information.
· Must be able to prioritize and provide input on regulatory aspects
· Must continually demonstrate a very strong attention to detail, careful execution of tasks, and
regularly check own work before any submission.
· Flexibility, methodical and rigorous spirit. Ability to work in a collaborative environment
· Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong Microsoft Office skills
Imbibe is the leading innovator in the beverage industry – we set the standard! Our clients benefit
from our holistic approach to product development where we engineer every beverage from the
bottom up. We design custom components, such as ingredient blends, flavors and finished
beverages for every project. Imbibe combines a powerful synergy of innovation, technical expertise
and dedication to ensure our clients never settle for anything but the best. To learn more about us,
check out our website at www.imbibeinc.com.
Want to be a part of a growing team? Good idea. Here are some of the top reasons to work
Full Time Healthcare
You are eligible for healthcare packages after 30 days of employment. All healthcare plans are
Affordable Care Act compliant, and we have several plans to meet a variety of needs!
Simply put, we are beverage experts. Our industry focus gives us a greater degree of insight into the
beverage and flavor world!
We have a 40,000 sq. ft. facility that houses state of the art equipment, labs and a pilot plant.
At Imbibe, in addition to your job, you’ll have opportunities to step away and challenge a coworker
to a game of ping pong or visit at the custom beverage bar. People should like where they work, and
we strive to provide an environment that fosters creativity and friendship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Imbibe is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race,
marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other
characteristic protected by law. This transmission is intended only for the designated recipient(s), and
any duplication or distribution, in any form or part, without the written consent of the sender is
strictly prohibited. These confidentiality protections apply even if you received this transmission in
error, in which case you should delete the message, disregard its contents and notify the sender of