Title: Flavor Compounder
Location: Niles, IL
Reports to: Flavorist
This is an entry level position on the Flavor Innovation team. The technician will support Flavorists with daily functions by compounding and batching flavor formulas, testing and analyzing the flavors, maintaining flavor lab inventory of raw materials, and ensuring supplies are available and that lab is well-maintained, clean, and presentable.
- Assist Flavorists as needed.
- Precisely follow flavor formula batch instructions to compound and batch flavors (6 flavors / flavor base oils per day)
- Operate pilot plant spray dryer (up to 3 flavors per day), clean and maintain spray dryer.
- Gather analytical information, including specific gravity and flashpoints of flavors.
- Ensure that flavor ingredients and raw materials are within shelf life.
- Operate and maintain pilot plant equipment – homogenizer, spray drier as needed.
- Check and restock flavor lab supply of raw materials, including but not limited to pipettes, solvents, and other lab supplies as needed.
- Prepare stock solutions: (syrup bases, citric acid solution, sodium benzoate solution, chemical dilutions, etc.).
- Preparing flavor samples to be shipped to customer.
- Maintain a positive attitude and supports change in the organization.
- Maintain a safe, clean and well-organized work environment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Qualification and Requirements:
- A team player willing to do what it takes to support the development and launch of new products on tight timelines in a fast paced and complicated environment
- Minimum education = High school diploma or Associates degree
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of the lab
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software products including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Experience working as a technician in a flavor lab a plus
- Experience working in the food or beverage industry a plus
Hours and Compensation:
8:00 – 5:00 at Imbibe’s Headquarters
How to apply: Please send an e-mail with the subject