Imbibe is seeking an experienced Sensory Scientist to help create and lead the Sensory function for Imbibe. Primary responsibility will be the management and execution of sensory studies to support internal and customer teams. The Sensory Scientist will also leverage advanced sensory knowledge to design best-practice policies, conduct panels to support R&D needs, and manage outsourced sensory projects. Study types may include descriptive, discrimination and quantitative consumer research studies. The Sensory Scientist will act as member, mentor/ leader/ teacher to Imbibe technical teams and represent Imbibe’s sensory capabilities to our customers. The ideal candidate will be a positive, energetic team player and hands-on person with a passion for working with our R&D teams to develop innovative beverage products and ingredients.
- Assist Imbibe leadership in establishing a formal Sensory function, Sensory center, panel recruitment process, functional methodologies and standard protocols.
- Lead and conduct single or multi-stage projects, delivering to the required standards and agreed timescales, including designing research to meet internal and customer objectives and produce good quality, actionable data. Provide assistance to development scientists in interpretation, reporting, and presenting findings and recommendations.
- Work with Product Development and Taste Modulation teams to create and implement informal methods to help speed and inform development work.
- Interface with customers to help determine their needs and how sensory science can help development teams answer those research questions.
- Apply statistical analysis to the data output from studies in order to interpret the results for the developers and customers.
- Support project set up and product preparation, when required.
- Maintain and develop knowledge and expertise in relevant scientific disciplines.
- Provide informal coaching and act as Subject Matter Expert to Imbibe’s customers, R&D, marketing and business development teams.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Food Science/Sensory Science or related field
- Five to eight years experience in a sensory lab setting or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of sensory methodologies and execution commensurate with a Masters degree education in sensory science.
- Ability to create and institute new policies within the Imbibe R&D teams.
- Strong communication skills. Must have the ability to confidently communicate complex technical information to customers as well as colleagues
- Ability to successfully handle high project load in a fast-paced environment and adapt to new and changing priorities
Imbibe is the leading innovator in the beverage industry – we set the standard! Our clients benefit from our holistic approach to product development where we engineer every beverage from the bottom up. We design custom components, such as ingredient blends, flavors and finished beverages for every project. Imbibe combines a powerful synergy of innovation, technical expertise and dedication to ensure our clients never settle for anything but the best. To learn more about us, check out our website at www.imbibeinc.com.
Want to be a part of a growing team? Good idea. Here are some of the top reasons to work with Imbibe:
Full Time Healthcare - You are eligible for healthcare packages after 30 days of employment. All healthcare plans are Affordable Care Act compliant, and we have several plans to meet a variety of needs!
Industry Expertise – Simply put, we are beverage experts. Our industry focus gives us a greater degree of insight into the beverage and flavor world!
Innovation – We have a 40,000 sq. ft. facility that houses state of the art equipment, labs and a pilot plant.
Playful Culture - At Imbibe, in addition to your job, you’ll have opportunities to step away and challenge a coworker to a game of ping pong, or visit at the custom beverage bar. People should like where they work, and we strive to provide an environment that fosters playfulness, creativity and friendship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Imbibe is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. This transmission is intended only for the designated recipient(s), and any duplication or distribution, in any form or part, without the written consent of the sender is strictly prohibited. These confidentiality protections apply even if you received this transmission in error, in which case you should delete the message, disregard its contents and notify the sender of the mistake.