Product Development Intern
Summer 2021 - Product Development Intern – Niles, IL
Imbibe is seeking an Undergraduate or Graduate Student studying Food Science, Food Engineering, or related fields to join our team for a summer internship. This student will perform basic and essential product development duties in the creation of new products. They will obtain an understanding of the beverage industry by working in a fast-paced lab that works across many beverage platforms. At the end of the internship, the student will design and develop a new beverage and present it to the R&D group. This position reports to one of Beverage Scientists.
Hours and Compensation:
$15/hour, 40 hours per week
No relocation or living assistance is offered
- Primary responsibility is to support the Product Development Team in project work developing innovative new beverage products for Imbibe’s customers
- Intern will assist in batching, analytical testing, flavor screening, QC equipment calibration, keeping lab materials stocked, and helping maintain a clean and orderly laboratory
- Will learn formulation and process basics across a wide variety of beverage matrices including juices, protein drinks, and powder beverages
- Will also spend time in the Pilot Plant, QC Department, and Flavor Lab to understand the complete beverage development process
- Student will be given the opportunity to design and develop their own beverage and present the beverage to the R&D Team
Qualification and Requirements:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree and must have completed your Junior year of college with a concentration in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry, or related scientific field, or pursuing Graduate degree and currently enrolled in courses
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and ability to catch on to other technologies quickly
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to adapt to fast paced work environment with changing priorities
- Experience with Dairy or Non-dairy Milks a plus, but not required
- Barista experience a plus, but not required
Imbibe is the leading innovator in the beverage industry – we set the standard! Our clients benefit from our holistic approach to product development where we engineer every beverage from the bottom up. We design custom components, such as ingredient blends, flavors and finished beverages for every project. Imbibe combines a powerful synergy of innovation, technical expertise and dedication to ensure our clients never settle for anything but the best. To learn more about us, check out our website at www.imbibeinc.com.
Want to be a part of a growing team? Good idea. Here are some of the top reasons to work with Imbibe:
Simply put, we are beverage experts. Our industry focus gives us a greater degree of insight into the beverage and flavor world!
We have a 40,000 sq. ft. facility that houses state of the art equipment, labs and a pilot plant.
At Imbibe, in addition to your job, you’ll have opportunities to step away and challenge a coworker to a game of ping pong or visit at the custom beverage bar. People should like where they work, and we strive to provide an environment that fosters creativity and friendship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Imbibe is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. This transmission is intended only for the designated recipient(s), and any duplication or distribution, in any form or part, without the written consent of the sender is strictly prohibited. These confidentiality protections apply even if you received this transmission in error, in which case you should delete the message, disregard its contents and notify the sender of the mistake.