Quality Technician – Niles, IL
This role will be involved in quality control and assurance projects, primarily flavor production approval, testing, and data entry. They will be responsible for working with Quality, Regulatory, and R&D teams to ensure accuracy of all analytical results. This role also takes responsibility for laboratory safety and function. They will also be involved both in organoleptic testing and taking analytical data on finished goods.
Email your resume with “Quality Technician” as the subject to email@example.com
- Properly receive and maintain inventory of flavor production and finished good samples.
- Organize and ship retention samples for customers as needed.
- Prepare samples for quality approval tests of production and shelf life extension.
- Calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Conduct analytical chemistry tests such as pH, TA, Brix, SG, and particle size.
- Ensure clear and concise documentation and communication.
- Maintain and update SOPs as appropriate and occasionally conduct training to same SOPs.
- Assist in root cause analysis for customer complaints and production issues.
- Follow GLP during work in the lab. This includes properly cleaning and organizing all work areas and wearing all proper personal protective equipment.
Qualification and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry, biology, food science, nutrition, or other related field.
- Experience in a food manufacturing production facility or laboratory is strongly preferred.
- Team player able to support the development and launch of new products on tight timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills is highly important.
Imbibe is the leading innovator in the beverage industry – we set the standard! Our clients benefit from our holistic approach to product development where we engineer every beverage from the bottom up. We design custom components, such as ingredient blends, flavors and finished beverages for every project. Imbibe combines a powerful synergy of innovation, technical expertise and dedication to ensure our clients never settle for anything but the best. To learn more about us, check out our website at www.imbibeinc.com.
Want to be a part of a growing team? Good idea. Here are some of the top reasons to work with Imbibe:
Full Time Healthcare - You are eligible for healthcare packages after 30 days of employment. All healthcare plans are Affordable Care Act compliant, and we have several plans to meet a variety of needs!
Industry Expertise – Simply put, we are beverage experts. Our industry focus gives us a greater degree of insight into the beverage and flavor world!
Innovation – We have a 40,000 sq. ft. facility that houses state of the art equipment, labs and a pilot plant.
Playful Culture - At Imbibe, in addition to your job, you’ll have opportunities to step away and challenge a coworker to a game of ping pong, or visit at the custom beverage bar. People should like where they work, and we strive to provide an environment that fosters playfulness, creativity and friendship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Imbibe is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. This transmission is intended only for the designated recipient(s), and any duplication or distribution, in any form or part, without the written consent of the sender is strictly prohibited. These confidentiality protections apply even if you received this transmission in error, in which case you should delete the message, disregard its contents and notify the sender of the mistake.