Beverage Technician – Niles, IL
Imbibe is seeking an aspiring food scientist or chemist to join our Taste Modulation Team as a Technician. This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate! The ideal candidate will be a positive, energetic team player and hands-on person with a passion for learning about a wide variety of beverage ingredients, product types and processing technologies. This new team within Imbibe has been very successful to date, so there will be plenty of opportunity for learning & career advancement.
This position will support the R&D team in the research and development of new ingredient systems and solutions for the beverage industry. This position will work with developing and batching new ingredient system formulations, creating beverage (and food) prototypes to enable evaluation, and taking analytical data on products to aid the development of new ingredient system solutions to be sold by Imbibe.
- Batch up multiple test variables of ingredient systems and beverage products to aid the new product development process
- Follow batching instructions provided by developers to create new, innovative beverage and ingredient system formulations
- Conduct analytical chemistry tests to confirm beverages meet pH, TA, Brix, etc. quality requirements
- Support the R&D team in the development of new ingredient systems by creating innovative beverage formulations to enable evaluation of new raw materials
- Support the bottling, labeling and shipping efforts to ensure new product samples are successfully delivered to our customers
- Follow all GMP guidelines in the production of beverage products, including proper cleaning
- Organizing work areas, wearing proper food safety and personal protective equipment
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Chemistry or related scientific field
- Team player willing to do what it takes to support the development and launch of new products on tight timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong research and math skills as well as ability to adapt to the changing needs of the lab
Experience working with food/beverage processing equipment a plus
Experience working in the food or beverage industry a plus
Imbibe is the leading innovator in the beverage industry – we set the standard! Our clients benefit from our holistic approach to product development where we engineer every beverage from the bottom up. We design custom components, such as ingredient blends, flavors and finished beverages for every project. Imbibe combines a powerful synergy of innovation, technical expertise and dedication to ensure our clients never settle for anything but the best. To learn more about us, check out our website at www.imbibeinc.com.
Want to be a part of a growing team? Good idea. Here are some of the top reasons to work with Imbibe:
Full Time Healthcare
You are eligible for healthcare packages after 30 days of employment. All healthcare plans are Affordable Care Act compliant, and we have several plans to meet a variety of needs!
Simply put, we are beverage experts. Our industry focus gives us a greater degree of insight into the beverage and flavor world!
We have a 40,000 sq. ft. facility that houses state of the art equipment, labs and a pilot plant.
At Imbibe, in addition to your job, you’ll have opportunities to step away and challenge a coworker to a game of ping pong or visit at the custom beverage bar. People should like where they work, and we strive to provide an environment that fosters creativity and friendship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Imbibe is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. This transmission is intended only for the designated recipient(s), and any duplication or distribution, in any form or part, without the written consent of the sender is strictly prohibited. These confidentiality protections apply even if you received this transmission in error, in which case you should delete the message, disregard its contents and notify the sender of the mistake.