R & D Beverage Technician
R&D Beverage Technician – Niles, IL
Imbibe is seeking an R&D Beverage Technician to join the R&D team. If you enjoy being in the lab and have experience with the support the R&D team in the development of new, innovative beverages – We want to talk to you!
This person will be involved batching up, bottling and taking analytical data on beverage products during the benchtop phase of new product development.
We are looking for a positive, energetic team player and hands-on person with a passion for learning about a wide variety of beverage ingredients, product types and processing technologies to join the Imbibe Family!
- Batch up and package multiple test variables of beverage products to aid the new product development process. Record formula, process and product data for pilot plant runs and customer samples.
- Follow batching instructions provided by Product Developers to create new, innovative beverage formulations
- Conduct analytical chemistry tests to set specifications and to confirm beverages meet quality requirements such as pH, TA, Brix, and particle size
- Manage all shelf-life testing activities for assigned projects. Schedule evaluation, set-up product samples, record data, and summarize results/trends.
- Support the bottling, labeling and shipping efforts to ensure new product samples are successfully delivered to our customers
- Follow all Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines during the production of beverage products. This includes properly cleaning and organizing all work areas and wearing all proper food safety and personal protective equipment.
Qualification and Requirements:
- High School Graduate or GED required
- Experience in a Food manufacturing production facility or laboratory is strongly preferred
- Team player willing to do what it takes to support the development and launch of new products on tight timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of the lab
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software products including Outlook, Excel and Word
Imbibe is the leading innovator in the beverage industry – we set the standard! Our clients benefit from our holistic approach to product development where we engineer every beverage from the bottom up. We design custom components, such as ingredient blends, flavors and finished beverages for every project. Imbibe combines a powerful synergy of innovation, technical expertise and dedication to ensure our clients never settle for anything but the best. To learn more about us, check out our website at www.imbibeinc.com.
Want to be a part of a growing team? Good idea. Here are some of the top reasons to work with Imbibe:
Full Time Healthcare
You are eligible for healthcare packages after 30 days of employment. All healthcare plans are Affordable Care Act compliant, and we have several plans to meet a variety of needs!
Simply put, we are beverage experts. Our industry focus gives us a greater degree of insight into the beverage and flavor world!
We have a 40,000 sq. ft. facility that houses state of the art equipment, labs and a pilot plant.
At Imbibe, in addition to your job, you’ll have opportunities to step away and challenge a coworker to a game of ping pong or visit at the custom beverage bar. People should like where they work, and we strive to provide an environment that fosters playfulness, creativity and friendship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Imbibe is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. This transmission is intended only for the designated recipient(s), and any duplication or distribution, in any form or part, without the written consent of the sender is strictly prohibited. These confidentiality protections apply even if you received this transmission in error, in which case you should delete the message, disregard its contents and notify the sender of the mistake.