Beverage Scientist - Powders
Title: Beverage Scientist (Powders)
Imbibe is a leading innovator in the beverage industry. Our clients benefit from our holistic approach to product development where we engineer every beverage from the bottom up. We design custom components, such as ingredient blends, flavors and finished beverages for every project. Imbibe combines a powerful synergy of innovation, technical expertise and dedication to ensure our clients never settle for anything but the best.
Imbibe is seeking a Beverage Scientist (Powders) with a minimum of 5-8 years of experience developing and launching powdered food and/or beverage products to join our Product Development Team. This role is primarily responsible for full beverage formulation, development, and scale up for commercialization of powder-based beverages including the utilization of plant-based proteins, dairy proteins, and dairy alternative ingredients. The Beverage Scientist will lead customer driven project work, lead powder beverage innovation projects, and act as member, mentor/ leader/ teacher to Imbibe technical teams. The ideal candidate will be a positive, energetic team player and hands-on person with a passion for working on the bench to develop innovative beverage products.
- Collaborate with R&D teammates to design best in class product formulations that exceed the expectations of our customers.
- Design formulations and manufacturing instructions for products that meet the specific organoleptic, stability, nutritional and regulatory demands of our customers.
- Utilize strong working knowledge of ingredient functionality and interactions and powder processing and manufacturing consideration to create great tasting, safe and stable beverage products.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and new ingredients & technologies and leverage that knowledge to develop ingredient systems enabling improved innovation offerings.
- Utilize full Imbibe portfolio of ingredients in development work, including flavor, stabilizer blends and taste modulators.
- Execute against formulation, batching, bottling, processing, scale up (pilot and manufacturing plants) needs for assigned projects.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert to provide training, troubleshooting, problem solving, and formulation assistance to Imbibe’s technical, operations, and business development teams, specific to powder-based ingredients, processing and systems.
Qualification and Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Food or Chemical Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 5-8 years of industry experience
- Experience in the development and launch of powdered beverage bases and ingredient systems. Must understand design, processing and manufacturing considerations of powdered beverages and ingredient systems and be able to design formulations accordingly
- A strong teammate willing to work together on the bench with our Flavor and Taste Modulation Chemists to design optimal beverage & flavor formulations
- Strong working knowledge of ingredient interaction, processing techniques and manufacturing considerations specific to protein and powder-based systems
Self-motivated with the ability to lead project teams and programs with minimal guidance from leadership Ability to adapt to the changing needs of the lab Deep knowledge of ingredients, functionality and application
- Strong communication skills. Must have the ability to confidently communicate complex technical information to customers as well as colleagues
- Ability to successfully handle high project load in a fast-paced environment and adapt to new and changing priorities
Imbibe is the leading innovator in the beverage industry – we set the standard! Our clients benefit from our holistic approach to product development where we engineer every beverage from the bottom up. We design custom components, such as ingredient blends, flavors and finished beverages for every project. Imbibe combines a powerful synergy of innovation, technical expertise and dedication to ensure our clients never settle for anything but the best. To learn more about us, check out our website at www.imbibeinc.com.
Want to be a part of a growing team? Good idea. Here are some of the top reasons to work with Imbibe:
Full Time Healthcare
You are eligible for healthcare packages after 30 days of employment. All healthcare plans are Affordable Care Act compliant, and we have several plans to meet a variety of needs!
Simply put, we are beverage experts. Our industry focus gives us a greater degree of insight into the beverage and flavor world!
We have a 40,000 sq. ft. facility that houses state of the art equipment, labs and a pilot plant.
At Imbibe, in addition to your job, you’ll have opportunities to step away and challenge a coworker to a game of ping pong or visit at the custom beverage bar. People should like where they work, and we strive to provide an environment that fosters creativity and friendship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Imbibe is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. This transmission is intended only for the designated recipient(s), and any duplication or distribution, in any form or part, without the written consent of the sender is strictly prohibited. These confidentiality protections apply even if you received this transmission in error, in which case you should delete the message, disregard its contents and notify the sender of the mistake.