Procurement Planner – Niles, IL
The Procurement Planner will be a member of Imbibe’s Operations team holding the key responsibility of sourcing raw materials and managing production of customer orders. This individual will work closely with co-manufacturers for scheduling production runs and for ensuring raw material availability to avoid production delays. The Procurement Planner will be an integral part of Imbibe’s cross functional team accountable for successful implementation and execution of customer product launches. This individual will support the Director of Procurement by providing data analysis needed for evaluating suppliers and negotiating supplier agreements.
Reports to: Director of Procurement
- Accountable for planning, sourcing and managing supply of raw materials needed for production of customer orders.
- Responsible for scheduling production with co-manufacturers and aligning raw material shipments to ensure timely production and order delivery.
- Work with the co-manufacturers and internal teams to make sure all systems are set up for processing orders and deliveries.
- Work closely with Sales, R&D and Operations teams to understand raw material requirements, projects timelines, related challenges and address those with suppliers to ensure uninterrupted supply.
- Track and analyze forecast and production data to make buying recommendations, to suggest alternate sources for existing and new products and to negotiate better pricing with suppliers.
- Perform monthly inventory reconciliations for stock stored at Co-manufacturers.
- Responsible for providing analysis and reports as requested.
Qualification and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management
- 3+ years of experience in Purchasing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Experience working with MRP
- Can work independently with minimal supervision & comfortable with changing priorities and face paced environment
- Experience in the Food and Beverage industry a plus.
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Experience in manufacturing environment a plus
Imbibe is the leading innovator in the beverage industry – we set the standard! Our clients benefit from our holistic approach to product development where we engineer every beverage from the bottom up. We design custom components, such as ingredient blends, flavors and finished beverages for every project. Imbibe combines a powerful synergy of innovation, technical expertise and dedication to ensure our clients never settle for anything but the best. To learn more about us, check out our website at www.imbibeinc.com.
Want to be a part of a growing team?
Good idea. Here are some of the top reasons to work with Imbibe:
Full Time Healthcare
You are eligible for healthcare packages after 30 days of employment. All healthcare plans are Affordable Care Act compliant, and we have several plans to meet a variety of needs!
Simply put, we are beverage experts. Our industry focus gives us a greater degree of insight into the beverage and flavor world!
We have a 40,000 sq. ft. facility that houses state of the art equipment, labs and a pilot plant.
At Imbibe, in addition to your job, you’ll have opportunities to step away and challenge a coworker to a game of ping pong or visit at the custom beverage bar. People should like where they work.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Imbibe is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. This transmission is intended only for the designated recipient(s), and any duplication or distribution, in any form or part, without the written consent of the sender is strictly prohibited. These confidentiality protections apply even if you received this transmission in error, in which case you should delete the message, disregard its contents and notify the sender of the mistake.