Imbibe is a leading innovator in the beverage industry. Our clients benefit from our holistic approach to product development where we engineer every beverage from the bottom up. We design custom components, such as ingredient blends, flavors and finished beverages for every project. Imbibe combines a powerful synergy of innovation, technical expertise and dedication to ensure our clients never settle for anything but the best. To learn more about us, check out our website at www.imbibeinc.com.
How to apply:
Please send e-mail titled Flavor Apprentice with resume to email@example.com.
Imbibe is seeking a Flavor Apprentice to join the Flavor Innovation team. The individual will work under the supervision of a Certified Flavorist to execute new flavor projects and continue training towards SFC Certification. He or she will work to develop new flavors as well as duplicate, improve, cost reduce or consolidate existing flavors. Other tasks include compounding and batching flavor formulas, testing and running the pilot plant equipment, and ensuring that lab is well-maintained, clean, and presentable.
- Duplicate targeted flavors to suit project objectives
- Develop and optimize new flavors to suit project objectives
- Consolidate flavors to simplify production
- Create flavors within the given cost parameters of a project
- Write formulas and batching procedures for new flavors; this may include reviewing formula and batch tickets prior to first production
- Evaluate flavors for quality purposes (Pre-shipments, Golden Standards, and shelf life extension) to ensure the flavors are consistent
- Maintain updated flavor formulas and remove old working/obsolete formulas
- Work with Imbibe’s proprietary formulation software
- Ensure raw materials used in flavors are in compliance with the regulations of the countries where they are/will be marketed.
- Work with their manager in putting in place a training program towards becoming a Certified Flavor Chemist
- Assist Flavorists and R&D team as needed
- Precisely follow flavor formula batch instructions to compound and batch flavors
- Gather analytical information, including specific gravity and flashpoints of flavors.
- Operate and maintain pilot plant and lab equipment, including homogenizer and spray dryer
- Handle preparation and shipment of outgoing flavor sample requests to customers
- Maintain a positive attitude and supports change in the organization
- Maintain a safe, clean and well-organized work environment
Qualification and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biochemistry, biology, food science or chemical engineering is required
- 2 – 4 years of experience in a Flavor Lab – compounding experience required
- Be creative and curious, relatively outgoing and competitive, motivated, have an excellent sense of smell and taste, have a good odor and taste memories, work well under pressure, and enjoy precision, detail tracking, and note-taking.
- Ability to follow detailed product preparation instructions and prepare samples quickly and accurately.
- Well organized, able to handle multiple tasks daily, and operate in a safe and responsible manner in the lab.
- Able to lift 25 to 30 lbs occasionally.
Experience using analytical and pilot plant equipment a plus