Business Development Manager
Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Niles, IL
Reports to: Director of Business Development
Imbibe is a leading innovator in the beverage industry. Our clients benefit from our holistic approach to product development where we engineer every beverage from the bottom up. We design custom components, such as ingredient blends, flavors and finished beverages for every project we work on, Imbibe combines a powerful synergy of innovation, technical expertise and dedication to ensure our clients never settle for anything but the best.
As a high growth company, we are looking to hire a Business Development Manager to help expand our client base. Drawing on an incredible portfolio of product offerings and an unparalleled set of development capabilities, this individual will have the opportunity to travel around the country to network with market leaders and high-profile brands with the focus on developing new business opportunities for Imbibe.
We are looking for someone who excels at finding new opportunities, thinks out of the box, is a great networker and is willing and able to introduce themselves and Imbibe to key decision makers. Whether it’s traveling to tradeshows or industry events, making phone calls, sending emails, or leveraging Imbibe’s extensive network in the beverage space, this individual should feel comfortable creating new relationships.
- Establishing productive, professional relationships with key personnel at potential new and assigned accounts.
- Representing Imbibe at industry events with the objective of meeting specific individuals from targeted accounts.
- Creating and executing a sales strategy for target accounts.
- Collaborating and strategizing with the internal team to design creative ways to convert target accounts into clients.
- Assessing new leads and determining the potential opportunity for Imbibe.
- Determining the needs of the clients, translating the needs to the internal team and creating proposals based on the needs.
- Converting accepted proposals into an Imbibe project by transitioning the project information to the internal team.
- Coordinating with Project Management, R&D and Operations on activities surrounding the various stages of a project / product.
- Maintaining existing business by working with Operations when needs come up.
- Maintaining CRM system for assigned accounts.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous sales experience with a focus on a customized solution or a similar role that is focused on customer service is preferred.
- 1-5 years preferred in the Food & Beverage Industry but not necessary.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Customer focused
- Detail oriented
- Outgoing, social and energetic
- Interested in the food and beverage industry
- A demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships
- Organizational skills
- Strong prospecting skills
- Written and verbal communication proficiency
- Able to use a CRM such as Salesforece.com
- You are a quick study and skilled at absorbing new information and presenting it as if you’ve been an expert for years.
- You make friends quickly, and never forget a name.
- You thrive from setting goals and exceeding them.
- You are comfortable walking up to the person in the room that everyone else finds intimidating.
- You realize that an initial “no” is just one step closer to an eventual “yes”.
- Once you decide what you want, you don’t stop until you have it.
- You enjoy “hunting” and the thrill of closing a deal.
Hours and Compensation:
Base salary commensurate with experience, plus commission
How to apply:
Please send e-mail titled Business Development Manager with cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.