Title: Beverage Scientist
Location: Niles, IL
Reports to: Senior Beverage Scientist
Imbibe is a leading innovator in the beverage industry. Our clients benefit from our holistic approach to product development where we engineer every beverage from the bottom up. We design custom components, such as ingredient blends, flavors and finished beverages for every project. Imbibe combines a powerful synergy of innovation, technical expertise and dedication to ensure our clients never settle for anything but the best. To learn more about us, check out our website at www.imbibeinc.com.
Imbibe is seeking a Beverage Scientist with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience developing and launching food and/or beverage products to join our Product Development Team. This position will lead product development and commercialization efforts across a wide variety of beverage formats, from powders and shots, to juices and low-acid protein drinks. The ideal candidate will be a positive, energetic team player and hands-on person with a passion for working on the bench to develop innovative beverage products.
- Collaborate with Flavor Chemists and other R&D teammates to design best in class product formulations that exceed the expectations of our customers
- Design formulations and manufacturing instructions that result in products that meet the specific organoleptic, stability, nutritional and regulatory demands of our customers
- Leverage experience and knowledge of manufacturing processes and scale-up theory to lead commercialization efforts on new beverage product launches
- Stay abreast of industry trends and new ingredients & technologies and leverage that knowledge to develop ingredient systems enabling improved innovation offerings
- Use strong working knowledge of ingredient functionality and product development best practices to create great tasting, safe and stable beverage products
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Food or Chemical Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of food and/or beverage industry experience
- Experience in the development and launch of beverage products beyond simple prototype development. Must understand the impact of plant processing on beverages and be able to design formulations accordingly
- A strong teammate willing to work together on the bench with our Flavor Chemists to design optimal beverage & flavor formulations
- Self-motivated with the ability to lead project teams and programs with minimal guidance from leadership
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of the lab
- Deep knowledge of ingredients and potential uses
- Strong communication skills. Must have the ability to confidently communicate complex technical information to customers as well as colleagues
- Ability to successfully handle high project load in a fast paced environment with quickly changing priorities
- Experience taking beverage products from benchtop all the way through plant scale production is strongly preferred.
Hours and Compensation:
8:00 – 5:00 at Imbibe’s Headquarters
Compensation will vary based on experience & skill level
How to apply:
Please send e-mail titled “Beverage Scientist” with cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.