Beverage Lab Technician
Title: Beverage Lab Technician
Location: Niles, IL
Reports to: Beverage Scientist
Imbibe is a leading innovator in the beverage industry. Our clients benefit from our holistic approach to product development where we engineer every beverage from the bottom up. We design custom components, such as ingredient blends, flavors and finished beverages for every project. Imbibe combines a powerful synergy of innovation, technical expertise and dedication to ensure our clients never settle for anything but the best. To learn more about us, check out our website at www.imbibeinc.com.
Imbibe is seeking a Beverage Lab Technician to join the R&D team. The primary responsibility of this position is to support the R&D team in the development of new, innovative beverages. The majority of activity will involve batching up, bottling and taking analytical data on beverage products during the benchtop phase of new product development. The ideal candidate will be a positive, energetic team player and hands-on person with a passion for learning about a wide variety of beverage ingredients, product types and processing technologies.
- Batch up multiple test variables of beverage products to aid the new product development process
- Follow batching instructions provided by Product Developers to create new, innovative beverage formulations
- Conduct analytical chemistry tests to confirm beverages meet pH, TA, Brix, etc. quality requirements
- Support the bottling, labeling and shipping efforts to ensure new product samples are successfully delivered to our customers
- Follow all Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines during the production of beverage products. This includes properly cleaning and organizing all work areas and wearing all proper food safety and personal protective equipment.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A team player willing to do what it takes to support the development and launch of new products on tight timelines in a fast paced environment
- Minimum education = high school graduate
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of the lab
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software products including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Experience working with food/beverage processing equipment a plus
- Experience working in the food or beverage industry a plus
Hours and Compensation:
8:00 – 5:00 at Imbibe’s Headquarters
Health Care & 401K Benefits
How to apply:
Please send e-mail titled “Beverage Lab Technician” with cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.